Free Money at FusionCash!

Saturday, March 3, 2012

Mommy and Daddy's Date Night!

This past Christmas my mom and dad bought Jesse and I the best gift we could have gotten! 2 tickets to the Cirque Du Soleil  Michael Jackson's Immortal World Tour show!!! We had to wait 2 months for the date of the show to get here, but last Saturday night, it finally arrived!

We dropped Jaden off at my mom and dad's house (my other gift was a babysitter for the night! Woohoo!) and headed to downtown Indy. We checked into our hotel, The Canterbury Hotel.  Here are some pictures of our Junior Suite!



We got settled in the room and washed up a little and then headed across the street for our 5:30 reservations at Mikado Japanese Steakhouse for dinner. The decor there was beautiful! They had groupings of tables inside beautiful Japanese pagodas built inside the restaurant! Here is what we ate...

We had Beef Rolls for our appetizers.

The sushi on the left is called Tiger Eye. It had crab and something really spicy in it! Jesse loved it but it was too spicy for me! The sushi on the left was shrimp maki rolls wrapped in seaweed. Much more my taste!

Jesse and I both ordered this Bento box. It was HUGE! Starting at the top left and going clockwise, teriyaki chicken, salmon, boneless pork, organic greens with ginger dressing, rice, japanese potato salad and in the center is scallops! Everything tasted amazing but we had to get take-out boxes for our leftovers! 

After dinner, we took a 2 block walk to Bankerslife Fieldhouse to see the show. My mom had printed our tickets off her computer so I went to the ticket counter to see if we needed to trade those paper tickets for real tickets. The lady looked at our tickets and said, "I think these tickets qualify for an upgrade." She went to check and came back with printed tickets. Originally we had "nose bleed" seats, but after this upgrade we ended up in the first row off the floor!!! They were AMAZING seats! I still have no idea why we were moved up so close, but I don't really care why! LOL Here are a few pictures from this amazing show...

This was during the song "Childhood".

From the song "Smooth Criminal".

  Dancing to "Beat It".

After the show, we went back to the room and got some sleep. In the morning we had some breakfast provided by the hotel and then walked over to Starbucks for a White Chocolate Mocha. Then we walked over to Circle Center Mall and did some shopping. 

All in all, it was a FABULOUS weekend! I want to thank my mom and dad for helping to make it all happen! Our Mommy and Daddy date night was a total success! Can't wait to do it all again!


Do you and your spouse do "date night"? What kinds of things do you do?

Hugs!






3 comments:

  1. Oh, what a fabulous date night! hubby and I rarely can have real date nights... hard to leave a super active toddler with my inlaws as they are not very young anymore and my parents are like oceans away from us :( ... I'm so glad you had a wonderful date night with your hubby! I am dying to see one of Cirque's performance... one day, one day! ;-)

    Spanish Pinay

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your hotel room looks great! Sounds like your adventure was a success!

    CL and I have a date about once a week and then when it's our anniversary, we try to get a few days way from the kids!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just found your wonderful blog from Curious Wisdom's blog and I'm your newest follower. I'd be so grateful if you could follow back. Have a great day! xo

    Love Parish

    ReplyDelete